If you are a homeowner or business owner and you need your gutters replaced, you may have many questions. Here are a few guttering FAQ’s and answers below:
Why are gutters so important?
Gutters have one big job and that is to divert water away from your building. Your home’s gutters protect your home’s foundation and landscaping. Gutters also prevent the following:
- Prevent staining
- Prevent paint damage
- Prevent mold and mildew growth
What are some reasons to replace your gutters?
- Leaking or clogged gutters are some of the biggest reasons for mold and foundation problems. Stagnant water in gutters is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Broken and old gutters reduce the value of your property
- Your old gutters become bent or dented and pull away from your home and cannot be fixed by DIY
- Old seamed gutters have started pulling apart and have leaks
- You want a new fresh look
- The drainage of your gutters cannot handle severe storms
What types of guttering are available?
There are either sectional or seamless. Gutters come in various materials, sizes, and colors.
Why replace gutters if there is nothing wrong with them? And is it cheaper just to cover them up to prevent clogging?
Your gutter was designed to be cleared on a regular basis. Even the best gutter covers can let you down. They may allow longer periods between cleaning but must be uninstalled so you can do this. The best you can do is use a guttering specialist to assess and advise on the best options according to your needs and budget.
Can I install my own gutters?
If you are a DIY person, go for it! however, if you require sectional gutters then you will need a qualified professional. Give us a call today for an assessment and the best guttering quote.